Ariana Grande to Hold Benefit Concert For Manchester Attack Victims

ariana-grande

Image credit: Getty via The Independent

The pop singer will be joined by known artists in the benefit concert that will be held this Sunday, June 4, at the Old Trafford Cricket Ground, according to a report by the BBC.

 

Called One Love Manchester, this concert will help raise money for those affected by the attack last week in Manchester Arena that left 22 dead and many injured.

 

The recently announced acts who will join Grande are Coldplay, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, Take That, Miley Cyrus, Pharrell, One Direction’s Niall Horan and Usher, with more to be announced.

 

Tickets for the all-star benefit concert will go on sale on Thursday, with prices to be announced. Grande is also offering free tickets to fans present during her Manchester show on May 22. Moreover, Concertgoers are asked not to bring bags to the venue, which has a 50,000 capacity.

 

Proceeds from the concert will go directly to the We Love Manchester emergency fund created by the Manchester City Council together with the British Red Cross.

 

Grande posted the details of the benefit concert on her Twitter account with the One Love logo donning her signature bunny ears. Her manager, Scooter Braun, also posted the same image, but with the caption: “We stand with you”.

 

The pop singer suspended the rest of her Dangerous Woman tour and canceled two shows at London’s O2 Arena after the bombing, which killed victims included seven children.

 

Even after the cruel attack, Grande promised to come back to Manchester.

 

“I don’t want to go the rest of the year without being able to see and hold and uplift my fans,” she said via BBC.

 

“I’ll be returning to the incredibly brave city of Manchester to spend time with my fans and to have a benefit concert in honour and raise money for the victims and their families.”

 

Greater Manchester Police chief constable Ian Hopkins said via BBC Radio Manchester: “When the idea of the concert came up, my first reaction was, we need to speak to the families of the victims and see what they feel.”

 

“It’s fair to say that the majority of them are very much in favour, there are some that clearly aren’t and that is absolutely understandable.”

 

After the bombing, Grande posted to her Twitter account to say her condolences: “Broken. from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don’t have words.”

Kaizen Marce

Kaizen Marce A simple, petite girl who always tries to do things out of her comfort zone. View my other posts