Vigil Held in Manchester’s St. Ann’s Square a Week After Terror Attack

gty_man-vigil-hb-170529_4x3_992

Credit: Jon Super/AFP/Getty Images via ABC News

A week after the terror attack in a pop concert that killed 22 people and left dozens injured, a candlelight vigil was held in Manchester’s St. Ann’s Square, a report by ABC News.

 

A moment of silence was held as hundreds of people attended the vigil at 10:32 p.m. local time, which was exactly a week after the attack happened.

 

The square was filled with flowers, candles, and balloons as mourners flocked the area to give their respects to the victims.

 

vigil

Credit: Andrew Yates/Reuters via ABC News

 

One of the attendees, a girl who was wearing an Ariana Grande Honeymoon Tour t-shirt, which was held last year, told ABC News that she attended the vigil to “prove” that they could “get through anything.”

 

“The whole Manchester was very disgusted about what happened,” another teenage girl said.

 

On Monday, Machester police was able to release a new photo of the bombing suspect Salman Abedi. In the picture, the suspect is seen to be carrying a blue suitcase days before the bombing happened.

 

The police are reaching out to the public to help them in finding the suitcase.

 

“We have no reason to believe the case and its contents contain anything dangerous, but would ask people to be cautious,” said Det. Chief Superintendent Russ Jackson via ABC News.

 

On Sunday, another man was arrested last May 22 in connection with the cruel attack. Police said that there is a total of 16 people who were arrested.

Kaizen Marce

Kaizen Marce A simple, petite girl who always tries to do things out of her comfort zone. View my other posts